Red Rice Cranberry Pecan Salad
Elise Bauer, founder of “Simply Recipes” and following is Red Rice Cranberry Pecan Salad from her collection. This rice salad is a perfect accompaniment to many fall and winter dishes - roast chicken, stews, pork chops.
You can use Heirloom Red Rice in place of wild rice and it will have a rich, nutty flavor that complements the cranberries
and pecans, and the citrus in the dressing.
Follow the recipe at Simply Recipes - Link
Or become a fan of her FaceBook page - www.facebook.com/simplyrecipes
• 1 cup Heirloom Red Rice
• 2 1/3 cups water (see package instructions)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon butter
• 1/2 cup dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans (toasted or un-toasted, your choice)
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Use the amount of water for the rice according to instructions on the rice package. Typically straight brown (or red) rice is a 1:2 ratio of rice to water......